Apollo 10 1/72 Scale Model Kit with CSM + LM + LES
$ 35.00 $ 44.95
is back-ordered. We will ship it separately in 10 to 15 days.
Dragon 1/72 Apollo 10 Model Kit with CSM + LM + LES
- Transparent lunar module adapter is newly produced
- Beautifully reproduced Apollo 10
- Launch escape motor replicates the original
- Pre-formed display stand
- Launch escape tower and aft boost protective cover can be separated assembled
- Authentic lunar module molded w/ascent and descent stages
- Egress platform with delicate detail
- Tiny reaction control thrusters assembled
- Intricate docking target and VHF antenna on ascent stage
- S-band steerable antenna and rendezvous radar antenna can be folded up/down
- Docking Probe Assembly rendered w/intricate detail
- Realistic service propulsion system reproduced
- Aft heat shield molded w/fine detail
- Realistic engine and landing radar antenna molded w/details
The Apollo space program aimed to put man on the Moon, and the final dry run was the Apollo 10 mission launched on 18 May 1969. It was designed to test all Moon landing procedures, everything except the actual landing itself. During the NASA mission, the Lunar Module (LM) actually came to within 15.6km/h of the Moon’s surface. The crew of three was also able to survey the eventual Apollo 11 landing site in the Sea of Tranquility. Interestingly the LM was deliberately not equipped for a landing, and the ascent module was short-fueled so that the crew wouldn’t be tempted into make a landing! The LM was nicknamed “Snoopy”, while the Command Module (CM) was called “Charlie Brown”. This was the fourth manned mission and it immediately preceded the successful Moon landing of Apollo 11. On its return to Earth on 26 May 1969, it attained a record-breaking speed of 39,897km/h!
Dragon’s newest plastic spacecraft kit represents key components of the Apollo 10 mission – the LM, CM and nosecone of the rocket. Each segment is beautifully detailed in 1/72 scale, with an amazing level of detail achieved by the use of advanced molding technology. Of special note is the unique transparent cone of the rocket that allows a clear view of LM “Snoopy” that’s snugly installed inside! Though the LM goes inside the cone, no detail has been spared. The plastic model has been produced in this way so that modelers can see and appreciate the “innards” of their spacecraft. In addition, the model is set off by the inclusion of an attractive display stand. This accurate model fits together to create a replica of the spacecraft that played such a pivotal role in allowing man to set foot on the Moon.
ATTENTION MODEL KIT: Not a toy. This set requires both glue and paint in order to be completed. Not included.